Special Learning Store
Teaching children how to react effectively in emotionally charged situations.
This System Helps Children Learn to:
· Avoid anger, melt downs or sadness when faced with disappointment
· Stop ruminating over past bad feelings and experiences
· Accept “No” without protest
· Work through problems without externalizing blame
· Become flexible when faced with change
· Negotiate a compromise when possible
· Become increasingly optimistic and grateful
The File Factor Emotional Empowerment System is a wall pocket filing system that provides a structure to improve self-control. By breaking down complex negative emotions into understandable concepts, children learn to analyze situations from different perspectives and change unproductive thought patterns to effectively resolve conflict. This cognitive reappraisal process modifies the emotional impact of events by changing children’s assessments of these events.
The hands-on system uses a categorization process for children to express, and ‘file away’ negative emotions triggered by disappointment. It also lets children highlight and share the positive events in their day.
The system can be used to address individualized social, emotional and behavioral goals, or as a class-wide learning or behavior management tool.
· 1 Hanging Pocket Filing System
· 11 Category Game Cards
· 45 Game Filing Cards
· 50 File It Cards
· 50 Share It Cards
· Facilitator Instructions
In-depth, Direct instruction, Downloadable Lessons in:
· Understanding and Expressing Emotion
· Techniques to Stay Calm to Problem solve
· How Our Thoughts Affect Our Emotions
· How Our Actions Affect Our Emotions
· Bouncing Back From Disappointment
· Creating an Attitude of Gratitude